Social Media Policy
Guidelines for Participation in Elizabeth Seton Children's Social Media
In this policy Elizabeth Seton Children’s (“ESC”) means its affiliates including Elizabeth Seton Children’s Foundation, Elizabeth Seton Children’s Center, Elizabeth Seton Children’s School and Elizabeth Seton Children’s Rehabilitation Center, and their respective officers and directors, employees, staff and agents.
These guidelines are for anyone who may wish to interact with ESC through social media. We encourage your posts and comments in social media channels maintained by ESC.
ESC does not moderate or censor comments, but we reserve the right to delete comments that are abusive or off topic or that contain foul language, spam or advertisements for commercial products. Disagreements and feedback/criticism are welcome, but mutual respect is a must and abusive language is out of bounds.
Please understand that we cannot respond to every comment, and that we cannot offer medical advice, diagnosis or treatment via the Internet. For your privacy, you should consider carefully before posting personal medical information to the Internet. Please remember that your posts and comments are available for all to see.
Your use of any of the social media channels maintained by ESC is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use set forth below. By accessing, viewing, posting or otherwise using any content on or available through the ESC sites, you unconditionally accept these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, you may not use the ESC sites.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Use of ESC social media does not create a physician-patient relationship with any ESC medical professional. ESC’s social media sites are made available with the understanding that the content and service providers are not engaged in rendering medical, health, psychological or any other kind of personal professional services through these sites. Users should consult with a medical, health or other competent professional before taking any action or drawing any inferences based upon the information accessed or viewed through the sites; any action taken by a user in response to information obtained from a social media site is at the user’s discretion. Nothing read on any ESC social media site should be relied upon to replace or overrule a licensed health care professional’s judgment or clinical diagnosis.
2. Neither ESC nor its content or service providers guarantee or warrant the ESC social media sites against errors, defects, delays, omissions, interruptions or losses, including losses of data, nor are any files downloaded from a ESC site warranted or guaranteed to be free of viruses, bugs, worms or other such destructive properties.
3. Users grant to ESC the irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) and right (i) to reproduce, publish, distribute and display content, (ii) to create derivative works from the content, (iii) to edit, modify or delete content, and (iv) to use content for any ESC purpose.
4. Users are responsible for content submitted to social media sites. You may not submit any material or content that violates the right of privacy of other personas, including the unauthorized posting of personal financial or health information about other persons, or that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. You agree that you will not violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including those related to copyright and other intellectual property rights. You further agree that you will not submit any information that (i) is disruptive, threatening, abusive, profane, harassing, embarrassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, hateful or racially, ethnically or is otherwise objectionable as solely determined by ESC, (ii) contains any product or service advertisements or endorsements, or (iii) can be construed as political lobbying.
5. Users may not make any commercial use of any ESC social media site or any content, code, data or materials on or available through the ESC social media sites. Users may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, perform, broadcast, create derivative works, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on or available through the ESC social media sites. Users also agree not to alter, edit, delete, remove or otherwise modify the meaning, appearance or purpose of any content, code, data or materials on or available through the ESC social media sites, including, but not limited to, altering, obscuring or removing any trademarks, trade names, logos or other proprietary rights notices.
6. ESC reserves the right to edit, modify, remove or delete any content or other information or materials submitted by Users.
7. ESC also reserves the right to monitor, restrict, block, suspend or discontinue your access to the ESC social media sites, at any time, with or without advance notice, and for any reason or no reason at all.
8. ESC may, without any liability to you, disclose your communications and activities with ESC social media in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of ESC rights.
9. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold ESC and its content providers and service providers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising in any way from your use of or access to ESC social media. ESC reserves the right, at its sole expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with ESC’s defense of such claim.
10. ESC may suspend, change or discontinue any aspect of ESC social media at any time.
11. ESC SOCIAL MEDIA, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH ESC SOCIAL MEDIA, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, DISPLAYABILITY, ACCURACY, PRECISION, CORRECTNESS, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ESC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED.
12. USER ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. ESC DOES NOT WARRANT OR SAFEGUARD AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS ATTEMPTS TO INTERCEPT OR COMPROMISE USER INFORMATION POSTED TO ESC SOCIAL MEDIA OR SENT OVER THE INTERNET.
13. IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL ESC, OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ESC SOCIAL MEDIA OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION RELATED THERETO, USER’S PROVISION OF INFORMATION VIA ESC SOCIAL MEDIA, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE.
14. ESC RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND, MODIFY OR UPDATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE. Changes will be effective when posted. Users' continued use of the ESC social media after such changes to the terms and conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
15. Any dispute, claim or action related to your use, viewing, posting or access to ESC social media shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
16. If any term, condition or provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is found to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of the Terms and Conditions of Use.
17. Social Media Policies specific to employees are outlined in a separate policy entitled “Social Media Policy for Employees”.
Do you have any questions?
Please contact us at 1 (833) 63-SETON